As the whole world is faced with COVID-19 pandemic, Lesotho is also affected by COVID-19.
In the early stages of COVID-19 and before any restrictions, Karabo ea Bophelo embarked on COVID-19 and Water and Sanitation messaging, helping beneficiaries to create Tippy Taps and key hole gardens for food sustainability.
Karabo ea Bophelo had to align programming and adhered to the Government of Lesotho National COVID – 19 laws since March 2020. Due to restrictions in movement, the community activities was put on halt and that meant the project had to employ virtual means of reaching their beneficiaries through several mechanisms:
- Bulk Text Messages sending out a total of over a million text messages on Violence Against Children, Gender Based Violence, Clinical, Prevention, Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH), Parenting etc.
- National Television programs on Violence Against Children, Parenting, Prevention, Norms Change, DREAMS, Violence Response Child Helpline and Gender Based Violence Helpline etc reaching over 1 million viewers
- Facebook live streaming of television programs and KB activities
- Call – in radio Programs on over 10 national radio stations reaching up to 1.8 million listeners country wide, in neighboring South African towns and cities and online streaming
- Newspaper articles distributed country wide with Violence Response Child Helpline and GBV Helpline, endorsed by and featuring the Principal Secretary of the Ministry of Social Development, Advocate ‘Mole Khumalo
- Electronic distribution of KB one pager, KB Pathway, Violence Response Posters, etc.